At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Manchester Division located in Warrington is looking to recruit a Commercial Administrator to join the Division’s Commercial team.
The role of Commercial Administrator provides a range of administration support to the commercial and procurement teams.
Principal accountabilities of the Commercial Administrator role include:
- Administration duties at Procurement stage, including supporting the Quantity Surveyors with the preparation of enquiry packs and collating tender information.
- Issue Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires for new contractors.
- Analyse sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment, with assistance from Quantity Surveyors.
- Prepare interim payments for measured work for approval by Quantity Surveyors.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate with assistance from Quantity Surveyors.
- Processing and issuing sub-contract orders for approval by Quantity Surveyors.
- General office duties including accurate collation and storage of information and various administration duties for the Commercial & Technical teams
- Administration of applications from utility companies and NHBC home registrations.
- Deal with telephone and e-mail enquiries, organising meetings and diary management as and when required.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working within a busy and fast-paced administration role.
- Experience of working with in the construction industry with a main contractor or sub-contractor is desirable.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
Skills and Aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills, including good attention to detail
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received.