Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Manchester Division is looking to recruit Sales Advisors to join the Division’s Sales team.
The role of Sales Advisor, reports to the Sales Manager and carries out all aspects of the day to day running of the site sales complex, ensuring that outstanding customer service is delivered throughout the customer journey. This includes achieving qualified sales reservations and meeting or exceeding sales targets, as well as efficiently progressing reservations through to exchange of contracts and legal completion.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure that the general presentation of the site and that of the sales complex is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure that all relevant information required to be able to give full and accurate information to purchasers is available and maintained at all times.
- Guide potential purchasers around show homes, stock plots and site to fully demonstrate the product.
- Ensure visitors and potential purchasers to site are aware of Bellway’s Health and Safety Policy and they are always accompanied by a Bellway representative.
- Maintain accurate records using Bellway’s in-house CRM system.
- Liaise with purchases, solicitors and financial advisers on a regular basis.
- Arrange for a customer to attend a home demonstration with the Site Manager and carry out the Company’s handover policy.
- Assist purchasers following legal completion with any defects or customer care issues
- Attend and minute a weekly Sales/Site Meeting with your Site Manager.
- Proactively work with Sales Managers and colleagues to suggest ideas to achieve increased sales.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working within a face to face sales environment.
- Experience of working as a Sales Advisor for a residential house builder is desirable.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Skills and Aptitude
- Effective negotiation and sales skills
- Good administration skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Lone working, dependant on site.
- Ability to travel to all sales sites, including divisional offices.
- Able to work weekends and bank holidays.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance