Introducing the Women into Home Building Employment Programme
Bellway are proud to be one of nine major house builders to have partnered with Women into Construction (WiC) and the Home Builders Federation (HBF), to create a bespoke programme designed to attract and recruit women into the industry.
Good foundations built with us
Three cohorts will run throughout 2023, the first of which will begin in February 2023.
If you’d like to join a new generation of trainee assistant site managers – and become the future of homebuilding – please visit the link below.
What does the programme include?
This uniquely funded programme takes place over four weeks and includes:
- Online information session – come and meet Bellway employers and find out about the programme.
- Site visits – will be available in central locations across England plus an online tour for those further afield
- Online insight into Site Management Week – five days of online training to give you an insight into home building and the role of a Site Manager.
- Personal development sessions - to help you apply for the Trainee Assistant Site Manager role.
- An introduction to health and safety in construction.
- Insights into modern methods of home building.
- Full one-to-one support, provided by Women into Construction, including childcare and transport costs while on placement.
- Two-week work placement in a site-based location near you, shadowing the Site Management team.
For the first programme, Bellway will be offering two-week work placements in the following locations:
- Durham – Regency Manor 2, Teesside, TS22 5QT.
- Eastern Counties – Whitehall Gardens, Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, PE29 2LQ
- South Midlands – Jubilee Green, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV6 2GF.
- Northern Home Counties – Whitehouse Park, Milton Keynes, MK8 8 AB.
- Wales – Longwood Grange, Cardiff, CF23 6XL.
To contact us with any queries about Woman into Construction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org